Subject: Williams: Joust ROMs correction & Robotron bug detailed info
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 95 10:15:26 EST
Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting

Joust:  Red & Yellow *HAVE* the `Pterodactyl trick/bug', Green does NOT!

For those of you who don't know what the Robotron `Enforcer bug' is:

The enforcer bug is when an enforcer is in the lower right corner and
you shoot it diagonal there is a 1 in 3000 chance the game will reset.
The reason for the game resetting is there is a bug in the diagonal
explosion code for enforcers.  The memory below the screen hold the
stack and an unclipped pixel can get 'drawn' into the stack cause the
game to lock and the watchdog to kick in and reset the system.
--
#==================================================================#
#   Franklin Bowen | [email-masked] | Phone (301)713-2753 USA    #
#==================================================================#
#  GCS d>x H-- s !g p? a-(a) w+ v C+ U?+$ P+ L>+++ 3 E--- N++ K-   #
#  W V -po+ Y t++@ 5 j- G? tv b+ D++ B-- e++ u-@ h f r+++ x+++(*)  #
#==================================================================#
# If you destroy my babies, I will pop you in the oven.  Ha ha ha! #
#  - The Wizard in the arcade game `Wizard of Wor'                 #
#==================================================================#