Subject: Re: WMS slots
From: [email-masked] (gdd)
Date: 4 Nov 1999 00:19:42 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball

ObPinball: Advance To Boardwalk was designed by Scott Slomiany, who also
did the dots and the overall gameplay. It was programmed by Bill Grupp
(programmer on Corvette, Congo, Phantom Haus (which is another story) and
Dirty Harry) as well as yours truly, my only claim to fame. All the music
was done by Eric Pryzby who also recently did the music and sound on
SW:E1.

More slot/pinball crossover: 
Scott has designed several other WMS slot pieces including Big Bang Piggy
Banking and Stroke Of Luck, as well as doing dots for many more. 

Bill Grupp also has programmed Big Bang Piggy Banking, Magic Lamp, and
others.

Craig Sylla (who worked on software for Dirty Harry, World Cup Soccer and
Indy 500 among others) did software for our slots Top Cat and Stroke Of
Luck, as well as others I'm not currently aware of.

Bob Wilson, who programmed like 3/4 of the machines Premier made, came to
work in gaming after they closed and has done software for Jackpot Party,
XFactor, Chairman Of The Board, and many others.

Duncan Brown did operating system work for gaming before moving to pinball
and singlehandedly causing its demise, including writing the system
extensions which made the Monopoly top boxes possible.

Lyman F Sheats Jr designed and programmed Mermaid's Treasure, very few of
which exist. These machines were released into the market just before IGT
sued us, and we were forced to halt sales. This machine was later redone
as Mermaid's Gold, which is more common.

John Youssi did the glass art for Pharoah's Fortune, and if I'm not
mistaken there is a DOHO in it.

Paul Barker, who did the production artwork for all recent pinball games,
did the art for Magic Lamp.

Ted Estes is in charge of R&D software development.

Larry DeMar was in charge of the spinning reel slots division for a
number of years, and co-designed Winning Streak with Erica Frohm, who has
no known pinball connections.

Jack Liddon, who did dot matrix work at Sega as well as 3D art for both
Pin2K games, did dot matrix work on several WMS slots including Monopoly:
Roll The Dice.

Mark and Ish Raneses did dot matrix work at Sega as well, and now do art 
and design for WMS video slots.

Keith Johnson worked in the slot division for a time before deserting for
pinball and doing software for RFM and the now never-to-be-seen Pin2K game
4. He worked on two games in gaming, neither of which has ever seen the
light of day.

Zofia Bill, who was a mechanical engineer a number of pinball games,
including WhoDunnit, Junkyard and I believe P*p*y*, is now a mechanical
engineer in gaming. 

Former rgp regular Brent Earl is now in charge of software for our Video
Lottery Terminals.

Rob Berry, who did music for Cactus Canyon as well as the never-to-be-seen
P2K Game 3, has done music for several WMS slots although the only one I
can think of is Riverbelle 21.

Dave Zabriskie is the head of the sound department and has a very long
list of pinball games to his credit both at WMS and Premier. He has done
music for WMS slots, although I have to admit I'm not sure which
ones.

Graham West, programmer for Junkyard, Champion Pub, RFM, and the
never-to-be-seen P2K Game 3, was doing operating system work for a time
before jumping ship to pinball.

Cameron Silver programmed many classic pingames and is currently working
in R&D software development for gaming.

I did software for Monopoly: Advance To Boardwalk as well as bits and
pieces on Palace Of Riches, Magic Lamp, and Riverbelle 21. I was working
on a new game with Scott which would have rocked everybody's world before
he LEFT ME FOR THAT HUSSY PINBALL.

Of course there have been crossovers from pinball to other slot companies
as well...

Joe Kaminkow, former head of Data East/Sega, is now the director of
creative development at IGT.

Neal Falconer, who did software for many pins at Data East/Sega, as well
as music for several pins at Bally, is now doing software at IGT.

Brian Rudolph, who did software for several games at Data East/Sega as
well as their novelty classic Cut The Cheese, worked fr Sigma Gaming for a
time. 

WMS Gaming - we're not quite as evil as you'd think, but almost.

>There are actually 5 versions of the Monopoly now:  3 videos and 2 reels.  Reel
>Estate, Once Around, Chairman of the Board, Avdance to Boardwalk, and one more
>I can't seem to think of right off the top of my head.  As for the BV problems,
>the games are normally pretty solid, must of caught them on a bad day. If you
>think the bong, bong, bong was weird, try playing Reel'em In and hearing the
>Fish Tales quotes.
--
---
Greg Dunlap - [email-masked]
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself