Subject: And so it ends
From: Michael Gottlieb <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 17:43:39 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball

It is with great sadness that Premier Technology has finally fallen victim
to the sluggish pinball market as of late. It employed many talented people
(including some old-timers from D. Gottlieb&Co.) that worked very hard and had
great pride in what they did.

I distinctly remember standing at the end of a production line in 1984 with
a paper cup filled with champagne saluting the first Touch-down to come off 
the line. Gil Pollack and his people picked up the pieces of Mylstar and started
all over again. Maybe not every game was a barnburner(my dads term) but John
Trudeau and the group somehow managed to get a new pin on the line every six
weeks. I tell ya, it's easy to criticize, but making great, yet cost effective,
pingames in this day and age is not easy.(as we learned at Alvin G.)

Better to be thankful for some of the really good games from John Trudeau,
Ray Tanzer, Jon Norris, and Bill Parker as opposed to analyzing "what went wrong".

As far as the future?
Pinball will come back..it alway does. My father still says:
"There are new pinball player being born every day, they just need to
be exposed to how much fun pinball is..."

Remember the first time you played pinball?
 
Just show your friends how to play, teach your kids, let your wife play,
expose your world to pinball.

And to all the ex-employees of Chicago Coin, Stern, Game Plan, Alvin G.,
Premier Technology, etc., thank you for giving us your contribution to 
pinball. You've made the world a better place because of it.

Michael Gottlieb 

"I called it Five Star Final because I thought it would be the last one"
-David Gottlieb, early Thirties