Subject: Re: Who are these people with the smiling faces?
From: [email-masked] (Duncan Brown)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:17:48 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 23:18:43 -0700, Jim Hicks <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>For those that haven't tried one of the Pinball 2000 easter eggs on
>either RFM or SW:E1 try:
>
>B R L RR L RRR L L
>
>and help me identify the 29 or 30 smiling faces.  I figured out about 8
>or 9.

I'll try.  That picture was taken by a visiting Euroslot writer, who
was doing a big article for Pinball 2000, to appear in the issue that
was given away at the ATEI show in London where RFM made its debut.
He took a picture with a digital camera (the one you see in the game)
and one with a 35mm camera.  The latter was used in the article, on
page 39 of the February 1999 issue of Euroslot.  I cheated and
referenced that picture to help me ID all the folks!  Unfortunately
there is one person in the very back row who is unrecognizable in the
digital photo, and is completely behind someone else in the 35mm photo
(taken from a slightly different angle.)  If you know who you are,
please ID yourself!

I hope my definition of "row" matches everyone else's, but you can
probably figure it out.  Apologies in advance for errors in spelling
or titles.

FIRST ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT:

Dave Mueller, digital artist

Keith Johnson, programmer (RFM, and "Game 4")

Adam Rhine, digital artist and leader of the "Dot Cave"

Bob Brown, technical illustrator and creator of the famous "Bob cake"

Lyman Sheats, programmer (RFM)

George Gomez, game designer (RFM)

Mark Johnson, model shop

SECOND ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT:

Paul Barker, graphic artist and art production

Elaine Johnson, who actually kept the department running!

Jim Patla, engineering manager and schedule-meister

Louis Koziarz, programmer (Xina and "Game 3")

THIRD ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT:

Pete Piotrowski (on wall), game designer ("Game 4")

Tom Uban (on wall), programmer and Xina architect

Greg Freres, manager of art department, artist (RFM)

John Krutsch, manager of mechanical engineering

Larry DeMar, director of engineering and sacrificial ops-meeting
attendee

Brad Hume, electrical engineering and Prism Card God

Dwight Sullivan (on wall), programmer (RFM and "Game 4")

John Popadiuk (on wall), game designer (SWEI), Darth Maul

FOURTH ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT:

Duncan Brown (on wall), programmer (SWEI and Xina)

Scott Slomiany, digital artist and game designer ("Game 4")

Jim Shird, manager of pinball proto lab

Graham West, programmer (RFM, "Game 3", Xina)

Scott "Spanky" Sanders (on wall), digital artist

FIFTH ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT:

Cameron Silver (on wall), programmer (SWEI and Xina)

Mystery person...

Wally Roeder, model shop

Jack Skalon, mechanical engineer (SWEI)

Jose Delgado (on wall), proto lab technician

A whole bunch of people weren't in the picture.  Here's where I'm
guaranteed to get in trouble because I'm late leaving the house this
morning and I won't have time to try to remember everyone; apologies
to anyone I missed...

Pat Lawlor (game designer- "Game 3"), Brad Cornell (mechanical
engineering), Chris Shipman (mechanical engineering), Rob Berry
(sound), Eric Pryzby (sound), Steve Kordek (industry icon), Karen
Trybula (tech writing), Chuck Bleich (manager electrical engineering),
Jack Liddon (digital artist and ghost-producer of "It Came From
Uranus"), Herb Foss (regulatory stuff and creator of the "Herb
stickers"), Al Cardenas (model shop), Bill Thomson (wiring wizard),
and the "undying moral and post-mortem support gang" of Ted Estes,
Bill Grupp, and Greg Dunlap.

Duncan