Subject: Re: Pinball 2000 - Who was the mastermind behind it?
From: [email-masked] (Lyman F. Sheats Jr.)
Date: 6 Feb 1999 16:53:42 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball

In article <[email-masked]>,
TBerghoefe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Who, if anyone, at Williams takes credit for actually dreaming up the concept
>behind Pinball 2000?  Now I know a whole team of people worked together to
>design the entire package, but who was the first one to say..."Hey, how about
>if we projected images on the glass"?  Where did they get the idea?  One night
>driving home in their car with a windshield projected spedometer, or noticing
>the reflection in the glass while playing a game?  Just thought I'd pose the
>question, as there seems to be a lot of interest (including myself) in the
>whole thing.
>
>-Tim

George Gomez is the inventor of Pinball 2000 in its current form.
No one else.  Period.

After coming up with the idea, and mocking up a 1 foot x 1 foot x 2 foot
foam core model, George got together with Pat Lawlor, and the two worked for
a couple of days at Mr. Lawlor's house to build the first concept game.
This concept game was unflippable - it consisted of a Gophers playfield with
a video image reflected onto it (IIRC, the image was that of a robot that
took up nearly all of the video real-estate).

George then presented his idea to a group of people at Williams and Midway
(Mr. Lawlor was there as well).  Everyone loved the concept.

George's idea is truly innovative and a reflection (no pun intended) of
his talents, enthusiasm, and work ethic.  He is easily the hardest working
designer here in the Williams pinball engineering department and totally
committed to doing the best job he can.

Lyman.
[email-masked]

It is not a surprise to me that George came up with the concept.  He is
a talented, energetic pinball designer who is totally committed to doing
the best game that he can.  He is certainly the hardest working pinball
designer of all