Subject: Gottlieb Copyright Notice
From: [email-masked] (PinballFan)
Date: 02 May 1998 02:32:32 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball

NOTICE REGARDING GOTTLIEB TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT

     Please be advised that Gottlieb Development L.L.C. owns the trademark
Gottlieb (Reg. U.S.Pat. Off.) and the copyrighted material and other trademarks
previously owned by Premier Technology, the most recent company to manufacture
Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) pinball machines.

     Gottlieb Development uses the Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) trademark and
other Gottlieb trademarks, trade names, patents and copyrights in its current
business, which includes the sale of official Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.)
brand parts for Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) pinball machines.

     Gottlieb Development appreciates and welcomes the continuing interest in
Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) pinball machines and related artwork and
copyrights.  However, we are most concerned that copyrighted material not be
used without our prior approval and consent. Accordingly, we must notify all
those concerned that any unauthorized reproduction, display or distribution of
copyrighted Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) pinball machine artwork, flyers or
other materials on the Internet or by other electronic means will constitute
copyright infringement in
violation of section 501 et. seq. of the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C.
section 501 et seq.,and/or criminal copyright infringement in violation of the
recently enacted No Electronic Theft Act. Infringement will subject violators
to civil statutory damages of up to $100,000 per infringement and/or criminal
fines and up to three years in jail.  Gottlieb Development monitors the
Internet and will take all action necessary to protect its intellectual
property.

     In addition to making our intellectual property rights, and intention to
protect them, clear, Gottlieb Development would like to take this opportunity
to let you know about several Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) projects that are
in the works and might be of interest.  There are plans for a CD-ROM showcasing
Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) artwork, flyers and promotional materials.  Also
underway is the development of Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) games for the PC
and cartridge game
markets.  Gottlieb Development is interested in making Gottlieb (Reg. U.S. Pat.
Off.) intellectual property available for other uses as well, and will
entertain licensing proposals at reasonable royalties for defined usage and
periods of time.

     Inquiries regarding licensing may be directed to Robert A. Fesjian,
Gottlieb Development L.L.C., 661 Hillside Road, Pelham Manor, New York 10803
(telephone:  914-738-7411; fax:  914-738-7521; e-mail:  [email-masked].).  If
you are interested in parts, please contact Mike Pugliese, Gottlieb Development
L.L.C., 55 Fadem Road, Springfield, New Jersey 07081 (telephone:  973-467-9700;
fax:  973-467-9287).